2010 Mid Hudson Regional SBDMDK Tournament

This is Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan... Watch....Join us!

Founder of the Moo Duk Kwan, Hwang Kee 1989 Shim Sa

Short Video on Soo Bahk Do (Su Bahk Do) in Mendoza, Argentina.

124th Dan Shim Sa - More Photos

Many thanks to Mr. John Dalton who allowed us to post these photos. Soo Bahk!

Welcome some new Dan Members!

Wang Shu Hyung Performed by Kenyon Sa bom Nim

Golden Years Soo Bahk Do Video

FOR MORE INFO ON KYO SA DUNCAN'S WONDERFUL PROGRAM

GO TO THE FEDERATION WIKI LINK BELOW:

http://soobahkdo.editme.com/GoldenYearsSooBahkDo

Sunday, October 09, 2005

OUR "MOO DO"™ CONNECTION - THESE ARE THE REASONS WE STAY IN THE MOO DUK KWAN™

At first I wasn't going to write anything concerning this photo other than to say, what a wonderful reunion and meeting of lifelong friends. These are the reasons why I've been connected to the MOO DUK KWAN™ for close to 40 years now. Here we are in this simple photo taken in Sokcho City Youth Gym during the 60th Anniversary Celebration of the MOO DUK KWAN™, my very first exposure to this art was in 1966, through my original instructor Mr. Michael Masley, Jr. (RIP), Dan Bon #10180. Since that time I've been fortunate enough to maintain a connection of lifelong friendships and a Jehja relationship with these two instructors, including my present instructor who could not make the trip to Korea, Alex Baran, Sa bom Nim. I arrive and can only hope to link up with fellow practitioners and former instructors. And I do... the best part was connecting with my first SOO BAHK DO™ instructor Donnelly Sa bom Nim and again connecting with my TANG SOO DO™ instructor, Vangas Sa bom Nim (The Designee for the Puerto Rican SOO BAHK DO™ MOO DUK KWAN™ since December 1997) for the first time in Korea for this anniversary event and feeling an unbroken connection that started back in 1966. Unfortunately my only regret is not sharing this moment with my original instructor Mr. Michael Masley, Jr. I will admit that I thought about his presence while I was standing next to these two role models that I have had over the years and having the honor of proudly calling them "Sa Bom Nim". This is the unbreakable "MOO DO"™ Connection, the gift from our Founder, the late Great KWAN JANG NIM, HWANG KEE.

My former instructors, on the left, James Donnelly, Sa Bom Nim #14436; Pedro Vangas, Jr., Sa Bom Nim #15552, Designee for Puerto Rico; and myself. At the 60th Anniversary Celebration in Sokcho City, Korea. Posted by Picasa

No comments: